We find that even the word “Prophecy” brings about such a wide variety of reactions that most Christians place it somewhere between educated guess work and some sort of mystic experience. And so we tend to view prophecy with a very skeptic attitude. However, God’s prophets and their prophecies are 100% accurate. You won’t find their messages at the supermarket check out stands, but you will find them throughout the pages of the bible. They are not written for us to ignore.
Indeed, Jesus was the fulfillment of many prophecies. But, even moreover, please remember that the word says in Revelation 19:10 that “the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.” Does the Bible say we are in the end times? Look at the following and compare it to Biblical prophecy. You may choose to believe that some of these events are coincidence, but that will surely take a lot of faith.
1. In Revelation 16:12 the Bible says: “And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.” On January 13, 1990, the Indianapolis Star carried a headline “Turkey will cut off flow of Euphrates for 1 month.” Their purpose was to allow the filling of a reservoir. But what is important is that the river can now be dried up at anytime that Turkey or whoever controls the dam so desires.
2. In Revelation 9:15-16 the Bible says: “And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men. And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand; and I heard the number of them.” An army of 200 million men was not possible in times past. But Mao Tse Tung, the chairman of China, has boasted that he can field a 200 million man army.
3. Revelation Chapter 13 speaks to a world wide numbering system. The system of the antichrist is now here with massive computers and microchip implants. We have all been assigned numbers and most people of the world are in at least 20 - 30 databases.
4. The Bible tells us that in the last days there shall arise a new world order: Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces. (Daniel 7:23) And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. (Revelation 13:7) We have a new world order. And now it is not just rumored, but it is spoken about boldly. The Chicago Tribune reported on September 12, 1990 that then President Bush said “Iraq is the first test for the new world order.” President Clinton and Al Gore have both stated that the solution to our problems is a one world government.
Let’s look at some more prophecy evidence:
1. The division of the twelve tribes of Israel into two nations. The northern ten (Israel) and the southern two (Judah) in 931 B.C. (Deuteronomy 28 & Isaiah 18:2), with both of these being carried off into captivity (Jeremiah 9:13-16; 15:4; 18:16-17). Israel first in 721 B.C. to be lost among the nations; and Judah into an initial 70 year Babylonian captivity in 587 B.C. (Ezekiel 12:15-20; 22:15) This was followed by their return to their homeland in 536 B.C., being conquered by Rome in 63 B.C. (Hosea 8:8; 9:17), and, finally, ceasing to exist as a national entity as a result of their final destruction and dispersal into all nations by the Romans in 70 AD. (Amos 9:8-9)
2. The rise and fall of the following Empires (Daniel 2:21-45, 7:1-28): BABYLON (612-539 B.C.) MEDO-PERSIA (539-331 B.C.) GREECE (331-163 B.C.) ROME (63 B.C.- AD 476)
3. The birth, life, death and resurrection and ascension of the Lord Jesus Christ, history’s best documented life. Jesus Christ fulfilled over 60 specific prophecies, thus indisputably demonstrating His divine nature. Genesis 3:15; Isaiah 7:14; Isaiah 53:3; Psalms 69:4; Psalms 16:10; Psalms 109:4; Galatians 4:4; Matthew 1:18; John 1:11; John 15:23-35; Matthew 28:9; Luke 23:34.
4. The descent of the Holy Spirit and the birth of the Church. Joel 2:28; Zechariah 12:10; Isaiah 32:15; 59:12; Ezekiel 39:29.
5. The rebirth of the nation of Israel. Isaiah 11:11; Jeremiah 30:3; Ezekiel 11:17; 20:34; 36:8; 37:1-10, 16-22; Zechariah 10:10.
6. The regaining of control by Israel of the city of Jerusalem (in 1967) Luke 21:24.
7. The rise to world power of a nation to the uttermost north of Israel, believed to be Russia (since 1945), followed by the development of a confederacy which threatens to move militarily against Israel (since the end of WWII) Ezekiel 38.
8. The formation of a ten nation confederacy which arises out of the ancient Roman Empire (1957-1980 and onward) (Daniel 2:41-45; 7:19-28.)
9. The move toward a global church, which is a conglomerate of many religions. (This movement has gained momentum in the decades of the ’60s and ’70s, coupled with the revival of the occult on a global scale, in the decade of the 1970s). Revelation 17.
10. The setting of the world stage for the acceptance of a global ruler who will have the capacity to exercise complete totalitarian control over all the earth. (Deteriorating world conditions, the development of the computer, the UPC, Electronic Fund Transfer and the laser are bringing these conditions to pass in our time.) Daniel 2:29-44; 7:7-28; 11:21-45; Matthew 21:45; II Thessalonians 2:4-10; Revelation 13:1-18; 16:17; 19:11-20.
Yes indeed! We’ve come a long way through the peaks of prophecy foreseen and described centuries ago by those Godly men of old. Please read the scriptures referenced above to be better aware of the things that have happened, and those which have not yet transpired. The fulfillment of the prophecies listed above is a matter of history which can be checked and verified by any student, and the pace of prophetic fulfillment is obviously picking up. We hope that after reading these materials, you will be better informed of the things that are going to take place as we head toward the end of the world, and the beginning of life in eternity. The only escape from the judgment facing mankind is salvation through Jesus Christ. Invite Jesus into your life today. He will deliver you from all of the evil the enemy has planned, and will grant you a place in His eternal kingdom. “Then Peter said unto them, Repent , and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.” (Acts 2:38-39) Jesus said: “Repent : for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” (Matthew 4:17)Print This Post